(Update as on October 30th 2012 We are now offering professional written resumes that are sure to catch the attention of your future employer, we are also putting a guarantee that you will have a job within 45 days)
Seeking and gaining employment can be a tough time in any industry. Landing your dream job is often a numbers game, involving a little bit of luck and sheer determination and persistence. With the Cosmetology industry becoming more competitive, and more people applying for each and every job, its vital that your Cosmetologist resume stands out from the crowd, providing you with a chance to shine at the interview and land that all important job.
Cosmetologist Resume Tips
- Composing a short paragraph at the start of your resume stating why you decided to take up cosmetology in the first place, your career aspirations and goals for the future, and why the position you are applying for fits in perfectly with your skills and qualities is very important. It will be the first thing your future employer reads, and will play a major factor in them determining weather your Cosmetologist resume, goes in the accepted for interview pile or rejection pile. Its important to keep the paragraph short and sweet, get straight to the point and really sell yourself initially.
- With various specialist areas related to the Cosmetology area, amend and relate your resume for the position you are applying for. For example if you are applying for a manicure position, mention manicure as an area you are particularly interested in, stating all your past experience and expertise in this field.
- With state certification playing an important role in determining the acceptance of employment, always mention you have the correct license to work in the State you are applying for jobs in.
- List awards and achievements on your cosmetology resume. Never be shy about ‘ blowing your own horn’, remember that each and every candidate that applies for the job, will be doing the same thing, and to get that all important interview will involve standing out from the crowd on paper and presenting yourself as the strongest and most suited person for the job.
Keeping your cosmetologist resume structured, to the point and having all the important information pop out of the page, are vital components of a great resume.
- Use Bullets, to make it easier for recruiters to scan for the information they are looking for.
- Use bolds and italics to focus on the keywords, recruiters will be searching for. Overusing this technique and highlighting to many words, will result in this method being far less effective.
- List your most related and important accomplishments first.
If you are looking to have a professional resume written up for you, contact us and we can set you up with a professional resume writer. Prices start at $75 and this is a sure fire way to get your employers attention.